My last blog was about our time spent in South West Rocks…I thought I might try a few additional post about how we did it on a budget. Also decided to refer to my boyfriend as MC because boyfriend was getting used far to often.
We were both on budgets for the camping equipment as we do not know if we will use it that often and we have a trip home coming up as well as skiing to book. We bought everything from Kmart and I can not fault it. Below is a list of everything we used.
The only thing we needed which we didn’t have was a proper cool box. The sun did come out and a lot of our food went off before we could use it.
Equipment we bought for the trip
- Tent – $109 We bought a 4 person tent which was a pop up. So easy to put up and down. It was also high enough for you to stand in. I did love our side windows as well, it was nice to see the sea in the morning.
- Foam Mats – $10 These are used outside the tent so you can take your shoes off and not drag dirt or sand inside.
- Portable Gas Stove – $20 We made diner and two breakfasts on the stove, it was brilliant easy to use.
- Fleece Blanket – $18 This blanket really kept us warm at night and it made the tent look so homely having it at the foot of the bed during the day.
- Gas for the Stove – $4 For three cans, we used two over the weekend.
- Egg Carrier – $4 We only had a few casualties on the way up.
- Pot Pan – $10
- Frying Pan – $20
- Air Bed – $29 We got the biggest one which didn’t fill up the tent but gave us plenty of room and stayed inflated for a long time.
- Pump – $6 Key for the bed.
- Plastic Box – $25 I have stored nearly everything in this box and it made it easier to transfer everything up to the campsite.
- Pillow – $8 It is shaped like a log and this may have been purchased for a cute factor.
- Lantern – $30 MC bought this from Aldi. Very handy little purchase that had two small flash lights fold out of the lantern.
- Pocket Knife – $10 Also bought from Aldi.
- Table – $19 Well you don’t want to eat and cook on your knees.
Other things we already had /took from home
- 2 camping chairs
- Bed sheet
- Plates /Cups/Mugs/Cutlery
- Small cool box with two ice packs
- Bin Bags
- Bottles of Water
- Chopping board
***Also download CamperMate app onto your phone it shows you all the campsites around Australia and breaks them down into price ranges.Lots of not so well known free sites on the app. ***